Monday, June 27, 2011

Thinking About Questions

The library director for the Joshua Hyde Library agreed to meet with me, but we have yet to set up a date. I hope to meet with her this week or next.

While waiting, I've been thinking about some questions I could ask about the technology in use at the JHL.

1. What is the technology budget? What portion of the overall budget is dedicated to technology and upgrades?
2. Are all staff members knowledgeable about the available technology? What about volunteers? Who    troubleshoots?
3. What software platform do you use for the OPAC?
4. What E-resources do you provide? Periodicals, Ebooks, E-reference
5. What sort of security technology is in use?
6. Do you lend out electronic equipment? Is there a demand for these devices?
7. What technologies does the library use in-house for marketing or promotion? Do you have a website?
8. What future technology improvements do you envision?

These are a few questions that I've been batting around. I look forward to the on-site visit and hope it will be a mutually beneficial one.

No comments:

Post a Comment